Thursday 24 October 2013

Spotlight - Nicola Haken

Author Spotlight



·                    Biography

·                    I live in Rochdale, England with my husband, four children and the dog! I spend most of my time being the household slave and read and write whenever I get the chance. The last few months have seen me break into the daunting world of Indie publishing and I am loving every second of it! I am currently writing my third novel Take My Hand which is part one of my first ever series woop woop! When I'm not reading/writing/cleaning up after everyone I fuel my obsession with all things vampires by watching Twilight, True Blood and The Vampire Diaries. Recently, I have also become a little addicted to Netflix original series'.

·                    Five facts about me you don’t know

             1: I have a LOT of tattoos.
             2. I don't like even numbers. (Guess that means number three should be I'm kind of weird!)
             3. I can't function without copious amounts of Pepsi Max inside me!
             4. I HATE the summer. Being hot makes me grumpy!
             5. I was born on New Years Eve, which means the whole world celebrates my birthday with me   every year. Cool right?!
               
·                    Interests and hobbies

             Reading, writing, reading some more! I am also a 'girly girl' who likes to play with hair and makeup! In fact I trained as a nail technician before I even considered being a writer. Yet funnily enough, looking at my fingers typing away right now - my nails look like crap haha! Maybe I should add gardening - that will make me sound sophisticated and at one with nature and all that jazz right? Then I should also add that I lie a lot - I HATE gardening ;-)


·                    Books

             I have two released novels under my belt, Inevitable and Saving Amy. I am seriously overwhelmed every single time I see someone has bought one or left a review! Best. Feeling. Ever! If you're in the mood for something emotional, with dark edges and HEA's… here are the blurbs:
Saving Amy

Eighteen year old Amy’s surname may be Hope, but her life contains anything but. She drinks, she sleeps around, she cuts… anything to help her escape the agonising existence growing up between her mother’s drunken wails and her father’s fists. But nothing works. There is no escape. And Amy wants out…

Enter Richard Lewis – the doctor responsible for saving Amy’s life after her drink and drug-fuelled suicide attempt. Thanks to his own hidden demons, Richard is drawn to Amy and her situation, and despite the incessant warnings from both his own mind and his jealous ex-lover Joanna, he feels compelled to help her.

But how will Amy feel when she discovers Richard’s attachment to her is born out of his own guilt? He was her last resort – her last chance at being saved. Can anybody save Amy, or has she finally reached the end of a very long, torturous road?

(Not recommended for younger readers due to language, scenes of self-harm and sexual content)

Buy Links:

www.amazon.com/dp/B00DMSX4B4
www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DMSX4B4
www.smashwords.com/books/view/329914


Inevitable


Thanks to her mother’s unstable moods and knack for making bad decisions, seventeen year old Maddie Davis has never lived in one place long enough to remember its postcode. A life spent running and caring for her wayward mother has turned British-born Maddie into the strong, outspoken and independent girl she is today – if not a little lonely. This time, running away is a whole new ballgame. For the first time her mum is not just dragging her to a different town – but a whole new country. It is only when they arrive in sunny California to be near Trudy - an old friend of her mum’s - Maddie starts to hope they’ve reached their final destination. For the first time she dreams of a future. She makes friends, commits to an education and meets a boy who has the potential to steal her heart… and break it even faster.

Trudy’s stepson Blaine Elwood appears to have it all. To the outside world quarterback Blaine is rich, confident and has the ‘arrogant bad boy’ image down to a tee. But nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors. Nobody ever can. He has vowed never to let anyone get too close – let anyone discover how weak he is. So when new girl Maddie starts tugging at strings he didn’t know existed in his heart, his only option is to push her away – until he realises how much he needs her.

Maddie and Blaine are heading for a future neither of them dreamed of – a happy one. But then, not only are Blaine’s issues at home intensifying, he discovers a shocking secret that could either send Maddie back running and force her out of his life forever, or pull them closer than they’ve ever been before. Will their shattered secrets leave too many broken shards to piece back together, or was their love inevitable from the start?

(Not recommended for younger readers due to language, scenes of abuse and sexual content)







Buy Links:

www.amazon.com/dp/B00CVCPFBE
www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CVCPFBE
www.smashwords.com/books/view/317471


Now if you're asking me about books I like to read, then my only stipulation is I HAVE to be able to fall in love ;-) I absolutely love the New Adult genre - maybe I'm having an early mid-life crisis and it's the only way I can get back to my teens! Some of my favourite books have also been Young Adult and then I mustn't forget the steamy ones too. Let's just say I've had many a dream involving Christian Grey and Gideon Cross!

·                    If I could write with anyone it would be- 

·                    You want me to choose just one? Seriously???? In all honesty it's not even a difficult question. Colleen Hoover without a doubt. I just adore everything about her writing. I have read every one of her books and have laughed, cried, gasped and of course fallen in love every single time! Team Colleen all the way!!






                I'm always looking for new stalkers… I mean friends :-) One of the best things about being an author is getting to know lots of fab new people - readers, other writers and bloggers! So if you fancy giving my ego a boost - you can do it here

             www.nicolahaken.com
             www.facebook.com/nicolahaken
             www.twitter.com/NicolaHaken       @NicolaHaken

             www.goodreads.com/author/show/7094294.Nicola_Haken

No comments:

Post a Comment