Wednesday 21 August 2013

Author of the week - Emma Nichols - Interview

 
 
 
 
 
 

Emma, thank you for taking time out to talk to us. We are so exited to finally talk to you.

For those who don't know much about you, can you tell us a little bit about yourself.

 

 

What made you choice to write erotic books?

 

I joke that doing this was the only way I could parlay my favorite pastimes into a career.

 

We love BE - I think you would know that by now. Is there a real life BE is your life?

 

No, BE is just the ultimate man…the perfect combination of sexy, sweet, and an alpha in bed.  He knows how to love and does it deeply.

 

Jen asks, Is there going to be a book 3 of the sinful series - but based on Jolie?

 

There is a plan for a Jolie book.  I’m not ready to do that yet.  I am trying to have another tour for the release of the combo book: Sin at Sea and Vixen in Vegas.  Then I’ll write Jolie’s story.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

When can we expect the next book from you?

 

I’m looking at publishing The Misterer in October.  It’s already on Goodreads with an intentionally vague description that I will be updating in the near future. 

 

Is there a message in the sinful series that you want readers to grasp?

 

I think the Sinful Series is about growing up, learning how to make the tough choices, staying when everything screams run, that the heart is more resilient than one would imagine.

 

Can we expect more books from you out of the sinful set?

 

 Really…the series is over after Jolie’s story. 

 

Are the names of the characters in your novels important?

 

They are to me.  For me, I had the title of Sin at Sea before I had the characters named, so I needed a play on words…hence the name Alysin.  Jolie means pretty in French.  And I held a contest where BE was named by the readers.

 
 

If you could go on a cruise anywhere, where would you want to go?

 

Hmmm.  I love the idea of a Mediterranean cruise…Greece, Italy, France, and Spain.

 

Have you ever been to Vegas?

 

Never been to Vegas.  After hearing the stories of the Naughty Mafia Event there…not sure I’m ready for it.

 

What place in the world are you most eager to visit and why?

 

Eager to visit.  Maybe Costa Rica.  I would love to go watch the turtles hatch and see the whales go through.  Costa Rica is rich with wildlife.  I long for a simpler lifestyle.

 

Would you call yourself a Vixen?

 

No, but I have been called a naughty little minx.

 

If you had 24 hours with BE what would you do?

 

Wear him out!  I’d want all the sexy bits and the boring bits, too, just like he wanted from Sin.

 

Which of the girls would you prefer to spend 24 hours with?

 

Jolie strikes me as more of a follower.  I think we would get into less trouble and get along better than Sin and I would.  Our strong personalities would no doubt clash.

 

What was the hardest part of writing your book?

 

Finding the time.  I have the best betas ever.  I have authors I can call and brainstorm with.  Really…it’s the uninterrupted time that is most challenging.

 
 

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

 

For me, this book was about finding a balance between depth and steam.  I am pleased with the result.

 

Describe in 5 words, your writing:

 

Steamy, Fun, Witty, Emotional, Surprising

 

Who designed your book covers?

 

I work with JB McGee of Indie Pixel Studios.

 

What book are you reading now?

 

I’m beta reading Skipping Stones by JB McGee at the moment.  We are a close knit bunch.

 

Do you have a nickname?

 

Alas, no.

 

What are your pet peeves?

 

Whining.  I don’t have time for it.  I’m a chick of action. 

 
 

Do you ever write naked?

 

No, but that would make for an interesting story.

 

Do you write by hand or straight onto a laptop/ computer?

 

Straight into the laptop.  Sometimes I make notes on paper.

 

What are the most important attributes to remaining sane as a writer?

 

Patience.  Not every book will receive the same enthusiasm.  Ingenuity.  Willingness to try new things.  Serious marketing skills. 

 

 

 

 
 
Do you listen to music while you’re writing or reading?

 

I can’t.  I love music.  It’s too much of a distraction.  I’d be singing along instead of working.

 

Can you tell us one of your favourite quotes from Sin a Sea ?

 

The opening lines of Sin at Sea:

 

“I am a runner. Not an actual runner, like with shoes and sweat. Instead, I specialize in leaving uncomfortable situations with alarming speed. Some people need closure, I need space.”

 

What about Vixen in vegas?

 

“I want the possibility of forever wrapped in a hundred million moments. I want us.”

 

Have you ever read or seen yourself as a character in a book or a movie? 

 

I really connected with Under the Tuscan Sun and The Notebook. 

 

If you where trapped on a island with a man, what 5 things would you take with you?

 

Depends on the man.  Regardless, I’d never last anywhere without chocolate, a good book, a notebook and pen, and lip gloss.

 

When your were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?

 

I wanted to be a writer, or a librarian.  One way or another…it was going to be books.

 
 

Quick Fire

 

 

Favourite Author?

 

Christina Dodd

 

Favourite book?

 

The Notebook

 

 Favourite colour?

 

Purple

 

Favourite eye colour?

 

Green

 

 Favourite hair colour?

 

Red

 

Favourite song?

 

No idea.  There are so many!

 

Favourite place to write/ read?

 

I always feel most productive at the library.  It’s like going to the office.

 

Favourite Animal?

 

I love monkeys.

 

 

*********************************************

 

 

 

Let’s have some fun.

 

Answer the first that comes to you. No cheating

 

 

Hot or cold.

 

Hot

 

In or out.

 

In

 

Up or down.

 

Up

 

Boxers or briefs.

 

Boxers

 

Night or day.

 

Night

 

Toys or no toys.

 

Toys

 

Chest hair or no chest hair.

 

No chest hair

 

Lace or no lace

 

No lace

Thank you so much for taking part. We can't wait to read more work from you.

 
 
 
FOLLOW EMMA
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment