Friday 16 August 2013

Get to know Sandi Lynn




When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? 
I first realized I wanted to be a writer when I was about 11 years old and I wrote a poem that won a poetry contest. I went on to write short stories that won young author awards. It was then, I knew I wanted to be an author someday. 
  

How long does it take you to write a book?  
It takes me about 3 months to write a book. 
  

What is your work schedule like when you're writing? 
I was working full-time at the hospital while writing both Forever Black and Forever You. I would write every day when I came home from work. I have since cut back to part-time which will allow me to write even more and hopefully not be so exhausted all the time. 
  

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk? 
A writing quirk I have is I always have to have a cup of coffee sitting next to my laptop and a pen hanging out of my mouth! 

  

How do you plan to publish? 
I am currently self-publishing my books through Amazon, Draft2Digital and Createspace. I plan on self-publishing all my books unless a publisher comes along and makes me one hell of a deal! 


  

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books? 
The ideas for my books just come randomly to me. My head is always spinning with different things. It always has and that’s why I decided it was time to start putting those thoughts into books. 

  

When did you write your first book and how old were you? 
I published my first book, Forever Black, in February 2013 at the age of 42. 
  

What do you like to do when you're not writing? 
When I’m not writing I love to shop..shop..shop! For me, it’s a way to relax! 
  

What does your family think of your writing? 
My husband thinks it’s cool and my kids, of course, don’t want to acknowledge it because they’re embarrassed. But I know deep down they are proud of their mom! 
  

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books? 
One of the most surprising things I learned in creating my books is that I could actually do it from start to finish!  
  

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite? 
I’ve written 2 books so far, Forever Black and Forever You. My favorite book is Forever You because it’s from the male character’s POV and I love it. I’m currently working on Love In Between and Forever Us, the final book in the Forever Trilogy. 
  

  

Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say? 
I hear from my readers every day. They tell me how much they love my books and writing. They tell me stories about themselves or loved ones who have battled cancer. Their kind words and heartfelt messages keep me wanting to write. 
  

Do you like to create books for adults? 
Yes, I do.  
  

What do you think makes a good story? 
If you can make your readers connect to your character to where they feel every emotion your characters are going through in the story, then you know you’ve done your job and you’ve done it well. That’s what makes a good book. 
  

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up? 
I wanted to be an actress. But that didn’t work out, so I settled for being a stay at home mom for a few years, and then going back to work in the laboratory at a hospital. But I always knew deep down I wanted to be an author. 

No comments:

Post a Comment