Tuesday 30 July 2013

Sanctuary of mine by - s pratt - Review

Sanctuary of Mine by
 S Pratt - Review 
OMG – words fail me this book is so amazing!
 
This book is like none other I’ve read.  It is a totally different romance story, dealing with a very different and tough subject.
 
This is a story of a young girl who was traumatised by something she overheard and punishes herself by not eating.  This story explains in detail how she copes with this and why she does it to herself and how difficult it is for her to lead a “normal” life, how she deals with making friends and having a boyfriend.  It is fantastic to read a book about these issues that so many people suffer with.
 
I think the subject was handled extremely well and it gave the reader an amazing insight into a taboo subject.  Be prepared to have a tissue handy when reaching the end of the book!
 
S Pratts style of writing is full of emotion and written in a way that I could easily be a fly on the wall in the story and see everything playing out.  It was so realistic!
 
She handled the subject with ease and didn’t soften the blow or ease us in gently.  I am very interested in reading more of S Pratt’s book as I believe that she puts a piece of her heart and her soul into each book.
 
I felt like I was reading a Colleen Hoover book as S Pratt’s style is very similar.
 
I give this book 5 stars only because that is the most, but would give 10 if I could.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment