Saturday 20 April 2013

Nicole Andrews Moore Birthday Bash Interview

We are so exited to have the opportunity of interviewing Nicole Andrew Moore.
Thank you for joining us

What/who inspired you to start writing?
Writing is cathartic.  And it always came really easily to me.  So  when I was unhappily married so long ago, I started writing stories of  hope…women who had married badly the first time and managed to get that second  chance.

What is your favourite part of writing a book?
I love watching the story develop.  I begin with a concept, an  idea.  I have some sense of where I’m going.  And I usually have a few  scenes in mind.  The rest is this lovely wonderful surprise as I see what  gets me from point A to B.   

When naming your characters, do you give any thought to the actual meaning?
  Sometimes.  In First a Dream, since it a contemporary telling of all the Cinderella tales, the main character had to have a name that meant  ‘beauty.’  And that’s how Bella came from Isabella.  Then her love  interest, our hero, he swooped in like an angel…Gabriel…and saved her, while she saved him, too.     

Would you ever write a different genre?
I already write in several genres.  While I’m best known for my  contemporary romance, as a blogger, I was known for my memoir writing.   Keeping Up With Kenna is the story of my daughter, Kenna, who was born at 9.6  ounces.  I have another memoir, Live the List, that was a project that  changed our life.  I have written self-help because Yahoo! pays me to do  so.  I’m a Shine Parenting Guru and a Shine Relationship and Dating  expert.  And in June, I will be publishing the first book of the Dark  Redemption series, Dark Dawn, a paranormal romance. 

What advice would you give aspiring writers?
Write what you like.  Write what you know.  Write what you believe  in.  It takes a lot of work to be successful and you better love what you  do to make it worthwhile.  This is not a career to be in for the money.  

What made you come up with your book titles?
Titles vary.  Sometimes the title is obvious, like Sugar Daddy.  First a Dream comes from a Carl Sandburg quote: Nothing happens unless first a  dream.   Hiding Out and Finally Found are a result of the game hide and seek playing  such a huge role in the first book.     


Who is your favourite character from your books and why?
Marti, of all my characters, is more me than any of the rest.  I love  that, but I also love being able to take her further, have her say what I only  dream of saying.  


If you could work with any fellow author who would it be and why?
I have to tell you; recently, I have been very fortunate to have so many  writers say that they would like to work with me. I would love to write with JB  McGee.  She has been my mentor on this journey.  I think we’d work  really well together. Rumor has it…we have similar styles. 

Have you got any up and coming books for 2013?
Whew. The list is long and constantly growing.  Melissa Brodsky and I  have committed to writing four books together this year in the Dark Redemption  paranormal romance series.  The first book, Dark Dawn, will be out in  June.  In May, I’ll be publishing the sequel to Hiding Out, titled Finally  Found.  And I have promised the next installment of the New Hope series for  late June…or early July.  I’ll have to see who is publishing
when.  

Who are your top five authors/books
I absolutely devoured Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series.  I loved  Amy Tan’s The Hundred Secret Senses.   A Prayer for Owen Meany by John  Irving spoke to me.  The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery is one  of my all-time favorites.  In romance…I am a huge fan of Christine  Feehan.  And I am dying for the Deeper series by JB McGee and JL Mac.  


Thank you for taking part.

 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment