Thursday 21 November 2013

Book Promo ~ Tears of Tess ~ Pepper Winters





Synopsis:

A New Adult Dark Contemporary Romance, not suitable for people sensitive to grief, slavery, and nonconsensual sex. A story about finding love in the strangest of places, a will of iron that grows from necessity, and forgiveness that may not be enough.

“My life was complete. Happy, content, everything neat and perfect.
Then it all changed.
I was sold.”


Tess Snow has everything she ever wanted: one more semester before a career in property development, a loving boyfriend, and a future dazzling bright with possibility. 

For their two year anniversary, Brax surprises Tess with a romantic trip to Mexico. Sandy beaches, delicious cocktails, and soul-connecting sex set the mood for a wonderful holiday. With a full heart, and looking forward to a passion filled week, Tess is on top of the world.

But lusty paradise is shattered.

Kidnapped. Drugged. Stolen. Tess is forced into a world full of darkness and terror. 

Captive and alone with no savior, no lover, no faith, no future, Tess evolves from terrified girl to fierce fighter. But no matter her strength, it can’t save her from the horror of being sold.

Can Brax find Tess before she’s broken and ruined, or will Tess’s new owner change her life forever?



·         Biography:


Pepper Winters wears many roles. Some of them include writer, reader, sometimes wife. She loves dark, taboo stories that twist with your head. The more tortured the hero, the better, and she constantly thinks up ways to break and fix her characters. Oh, and sex… her books have sex. J
She loves to travel and has an amazing, fabulous hubby who puts up with her love affair with her book boyfriends. 
Her debut book Tears of Tess will be followed with Quintessentially Q. You didn’t think Q could stop so soon, did you? Her other two titles, Last Shadow and Broken Chance will be coming soon. 


You can stalk her here:


http://www.pinterest.com/pepperwinters/boards/
Facebook Pepper Winters :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pepper-Winters/539976006062848
Twitter : @pepperwinters
Blog : pepperwinters.wordpress.com
Email: pepperwinters@gmail.com



·         Five facts about me you don’t know
Um, five facts…

1.       I have insomnia and only sleep 4-5 hours (If I’m very lucky)
2.       I can write up to 12,000 words a day, but don’t try and read it as the spelling hurts your eyes J
3.       I hate coffee.
4.       I love Coke Zero
5.       I took a month off work to write Quintessentially Q so the Tears of Tess fans didn’t have to wait too long J


·         Interests and hobbies

I love to read. (duh)
I love to travel and lie in the sun doing nothing
I also love to scrapbook. I’m a nerd for all things glitter

·         Books


I love any book that makes me feel something. Any genre. Any author—I’m easy to please as long as the words make me believe.



Author Interview:

  1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I’ve know it for a while. Ever since I’d get grounded by my dad for reading too much. My favourite part of school was writing essays and short stories.

  1. How long does it take you to write a book?
Tears of Tess took me 7 weeks from first word to publication and Quintessentially Q has taken me 4 weeks for a 111,000 book. It’s with my editor now. I’m lucky that I can write quick, but then I suffer with edits and making sense of my scribbles J

  1. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
I took a month off to write QQ all the time. So I do about 2 hours of catching up on messages and emails in the morning and then write, with small breaks on FB through the day J I normally start around 11 am and don’t stop till about 10pm what with social marketing and other things that go along with writing. It really is a full time occupation.

  1. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I have to have at last one class of Coke Zero while I’m writing and I have to have complete quiet.

  1. How do you plan to publish? (self or publisher)
I self published Tears of Tess and plan to do so for all my work. I love the freedom and flexibility.

  1. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
They just pop into my head and the characters take me on a whirlwind journey that I just jot down as they tell me. J


  1. When did you write your first book and how old were you?
I was about 7 when I wrote my first book. It was terrible. I didn’t start finding my groove until 4-5 years ago.

  1. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
Read, relax, hang with my hubby, travel J

  1. What does your family think of your writing?
Up until Tess started to sell no one in my family really understood why I spent SO many hours glued to my laptop. They couldn’t see why I dedicated myself to something so compulsively. Now they’re very supportive. However, my hubby has always been there for me. Without him I probably wouldn’t have had the confidence to dedicate so much time to getting my craft under control J


  1. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
That people like my work. That was the best thing ever!

  1. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
I’ve written six total but plan to write a LOT more.

  1. Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?
Keep at it. Just keep trying, keep improving. Read blog forums on general pitfalls of writing and get some beta readers J I owe my life to my critique partners.

  1. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
Yes, I hear from them on a daily basis which is awesome. They’re all amazing and I love hearing how my book has affected them. I try to keep up with every FB message, tweet, email, and share. I value each of my readers more than they know.

  1. Do you like to create books for adults?
Oh yes. I love writing sex. I would never survive writing for young adults LOL

  1. What do you think makes a good story?
Something that makes you feel every range of emotion possible.

  1. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
Be a writer J Living the dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment