Wednesday 13 November 2013

Author Interview with M. Stratton






Synopsis:

Alexia “Lexi” Hanson moved across country and rebuilt her life after the attack that could have destroyed her. She enjoys her simple life in the beach cottage. Life was complete in her eyes.

Noah Matthews is Rock & Roll’s hottest star and on top of the world. After years without a break he finds the solitude he craves at his beach house. Enjoying his early morning coffee Noah was surprised to watch his neighbor sneak into his garden and start crawling around.

They never saw what was coming that fateful morning. Someone else was watching them. Someone who thought she belonged to him and would stop at nothing to have her.

Lives are changed forever when they meet amongst the blooms in his garden. Even when things seem darkest, there is always light After the Storm.



Author Bio:

M. Stratton is a wife and mother who grew up in a small town north of Chicago before moving to Arizona. She is currently working in accounting for a plumbing company.

M. Stratton has spent years telling herself stories to fall asleep at night before deciding it was time to get them down on paper for the world to see. She currently has eight different stories fighting to be told. Like everyone else she was afraid to put the stories down and send to publishing companies. With today’s Indie market she decided now is the time.


Author Interview:


First I want to start off by saying thank you for your time and allowing me to interview you. 

No problem, thank you for wanting to interview me.


Tell us a little about yourself and what inspired you to write your First book?

I have always told myself stories to fall asleep, or when I was somewhere and didn't have a book to read. With the indie market now, I decided it was a good time to share my stories with others.


How did you come up with the idea for writing After the Storm? And what was your biggest challenge in writing it?

After the Storm was one of the stories I created in my head to fall sleep. When I put it down on paper I expanded the creeper portion and added the twist. So basically the story was already there I just had to fine-tune it. My biggest challenge, finding the time to write and not getting discouraged with the rounds of edits.


If you could pick one character from After the Storm as your favorite, who would it be and why?

Whew! That is a hard one. I guess it would be Evelyne. I want to be like that when I am in my 70's.


Do you prefer ebooks or paper/hard back books?

Both. I love the convenience of ebooks, I never have to make sure I have enough books with me on a daily basis. But a real physical book I can hold and smell, nothing really can replace that. I still have a dream of having a library in my home on day, even if I have them all on my Kindle, I still want the books.


Coffee or tea?

Coffee (but really Coke-a-Cola, I live on that stuff)


What is your favorite quote?

“All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.”
Edgar Allen Poe

How do you relax? 

In my fantasy? Comfy jammies, a nice cold glass of white wine, a good book, fire in the fireplace, candles lit, and a Cary Grant movie on in the background. In reality? I wake up way too early (I am NOT a morning person) to watch about 20 minutes of a show I have recorded sometime in the past two weeks before everyone else gets up.


What are you reading now and who are your favorite authors?

Shhh... don't tell anyone, but I have a copy of Denying the Wrong by Evelyne Stone, the second book in her series. My all-time favorites are Nora Roberts, Janet Evanovich, James Rollins and Sherrilyn Kenyon.


What are your ambitions for your writing career? 

I would like to be able to put out three or four books a year. I would like people to be able to pick up one of my books and get lost in the story for a few hours.


What projects are you working on now?

I am working on Eye of the Storm, which should be out sometime in February.


What advice would you give to aspiring writers?

As Carey Heywood always says: DO IT! Write, write, write. Make some awesome author friends that will support and give you tips as you navigate through the minefields of self-publishing. Edit, edit and more edit. Find a great cover that speaks to you and your story. It is an unbelievably scary, but wonderful journey that I am so glad I decided to take.


Is there any else you would like to say or add?

Thank you to all the readers. I have had some of them contacted me with how much they loved the story and can't wait for the next one. It is such an awesome feeling to know that someone else liked what you wrote and I truly appreciate it.


Where can readers find you online and find out more about After the storm and any new projects you have coming up?




-Twitter @mstratton70




No comments:

Post a Comment