Saturday 23 November 2013

Indie Tour ~ Author Interview with Andie Lea

Hi Andie Lea,

Thank you for taking time out to talk to us. We are so excited to finally talk to you.
Awe. Why thank you! I’m so stoked to chat with you!!

For those who don't know much about you, can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
My name is Andie (obviously). I’m 24 years old, a single mom of a 2 year old, a student, and a newly published author!

What made you chose to write in this style?
Would it be absolutely horrible of me to say that I read an erotica series and did not care for how it ended? You could say it was an “I can do this shit too!” kind of decision!

If you had 24 hour with Ryan, what would you want to do?
I would engage in an intellectual conversation with him and absolutely nothing else… his wife would kick my ass! šŸ˜‰

Did you enjoy doing your research? What type of research did you do?
You are going to think I am such a kink when I say this. The only research I had to do was for setting purposes… places near/around the Seattle area. The rest had been stored in my mind somewhere. Don’t ask me where exactly because I’m still trying to figure that one out!

Is Through the Eyes of a Male Submissive going to be part of a series?
Oh most definitely! My goal is to make it a 5-part series. Which it could be more, but right now the goal is 5. I’m currently working on part II!

When is the next book in the series expected to be out?
Since part II is still in the writing phase, I’m not entirely sure when it will be out. I’m shooting for this spring.

Do you have any plans for other series?
I can honestly say that I have been working on a different series. I’m not sure what directions I will be taking the characters, but I do know that all of them will be connected in some way… whether it be they are related, used to date, went to school together, etc. You could say I’m still in the pre-writing phase.

Are the names of the characters in your book special to you?
Not originally, but I soon realized that Olivia was very similar to my daughter’s name Viola. I also have the letters VIA on my license plate! As far as the other characters throughout the book, it’s not their names that hold significance… it’s their personalities.

Can you tell us one of your favorite quotes from Through the Eyes of a Male Submissive?
Even though it made me see Olivia in a whole new light, I was now craving her dominance. I, Ryan Rayner, wanted to be her submissive.

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I’m always learning something new when it comes to writing new storylines. With this one, it happened to be don’t over plan and don’t be afraid to let your characters tell you where they want the story to go… listen to your characters and things will eventually fall into place.

What do you use to write your book?
Microsoft Word. I recently purchased a tablet and having Microsoft Word was definitely a requirement on my part.

Do you listen to music while you writing or reading?
When I’m in the mood to listen to music, yes. I love blasting the Pandora to my Three Days Grace station when I’m writing intensely.

 What are the most important attributes to remaining sane as a writer?
Always allow the characters in your head to speak freely, just make a boundary line. People do tend to look at you as if you have lost your marbles when you laugh in dead silence.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Ugh… the editing! Every time I take on a new writing project, I dread the editing portion. Even though I stop halfway through writing to edit what have thus far, it’s still a pain in the ass!

Describe in 5 words, your writing:
Sexy, fun, witty, adventurous, and daring.

Who designed the cover?
I provided the image and Amanda Kelsey put it all together.

When can we expect to see your next book cover?
I’m actually going back and forth on which photo to use. I finally have it narrowed down to a few. Want to help make the decision and vote for your favorite? Add me to Facebook! http://facebook.com/AndieLeaBooks

What are you currently reading?
Aside from the writing career, I have also taken on the title as book reviewer. I’m in the midst of reading/reviewing books for the authors through the same publisher I’m in.

Have you ever read or seen yourself as a character in a book or a movie?
I’m more of the working behind the scenes type. I can’t memorize lines worth shit and can honestly say I would be the worst actress ever!

If you could write with another author who would it be?
I already am working with another author. Surprise! Her characters are making an appearance in part II, so be sure to check out Secrets Revealed by Katie McKnight to learn more about them! šŸ˜Š

How do you go about writing a good sex scene?
Late at night and completely alone. I would say when I’m in the mood. But I don’t leave it up to me. Its always when Via or Ryan are in the mood.

DO you ever write naked?
I shower naked… and that is about it. šŸ˜Š

If you were trapped on an island with a man, what 5 things would you take with you?
A notebook, pen, sunblock, vibrator, and ear plugs! You will find me on the other side of this island. Men tend to bitch too much and I would rather survive on my own anyways… but I may reconsider once the batteries of the vibrator die out!! šŸ˜œ


Quick Fire

 Favorite Author? Katie McKnight.

Favorite book? Secrets Revealed.

Favorite color? Purple.

Favorite eye color? Deep-sea blue.

Favorite hair color? Dark brown.

Favorite song? Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift.

Favorite place to write/ read? Home.






*********************************************
Let’s have some fun.



Answer the first that comes to you. No cheating




            Hot or cold. Hot.


In or out. In.


              Up or down. Down.


           Boxers or briefs. Boxers.

Night or day. Day.

                             Toys or no toys. Toys.


   Chest hair or no chest hair. No chest hair.

Lace or no lace. Lace



Thank you so much for taking part. We can't wait to read more work from you.
Thanks so much for interviewing me!!! šŸ˜ƒ



No comments:

Post a Comment