What happens when you literally get a second chance at love?
Evelyn Beaumont can't remember anything from the time she was 14 until she was 19. She lost five years of her life because of brain cancer. Now she is a 20 years old survivor and enrolled in college, determined to reclaim her life. There she meets Tristan Monroe, but it isn't the first time they’ve met. In fact, Tristan and Evelyn were once in love. It was a love so strong that it shattered him when, after the three years they had spent together, she never came back to Laguna.
Evelyn wants nothing more than to have her memories back. With the help of Tristan and his brother Drake, they take Evelyn on an emotional journey filled with videos, photos, and memorabilia...a walk down memory lane.
While they stroll down memory lane, Evelyn must learn to deal with Tristan's rock star fame and the ever-present groupies. She struggles to find herself and to learn to love again.
Is their love strong enough to overcome the memory loss? Is it strong enough to survive whatever comes their way? Will all the proof Tristan shares with her be enough to show her how deeply they loved each other? Will love find Evelyn once again?
***Crystal please Tell us 10 things we don’t know about you***
1) I can't write without pepperoni, it's a snack food must while writing.
2) I can draw, sing and dance.
3) I love the outdoors. In the summer I take my children hiking, camping and boating as often as I can.
4) When at home I rather be in my pajamas then to be dressed.
5) Our family household pets include our dog Dozer and two fancy rats named Max and Marsh-Mellow. I do not like the rats, but I endure them for my kids. *Shivers*
6) This will come as a shocker to some of my friends if they read this. I absolutely hate texting. I rather just pick up the phone and dial.
7) I tore my ACL in my right knee when I was a teenager wrestling a boy, this causing my dreams of becoming a professional dancer to crumble. Do not wrestle with guys!
8) Music is one of my biggest inspirations.
9) Photography is a huge passion of mine. I can't wait for spring to hit its full colors so I can snap some photos!
10) Big fan right here of video games and virtual worlds. I love technology! You may call me a nerd ;)
What did you think? Wow, that is a hard question to answer. Talania, A Trip Down Memory Lane by Crystal Spears is one of the most touching books I have read. It weaves the past and future together in such a beautiful way that there is never any confusion as to what is going on and why. The characters in the story have such a raw, real edge.
Evelyn is diagnosed with brain cancer. Unfortunately, the tumors are growing in the area of the brain that controls memory...three separate times. That means this poor girl has surgery, goes through extensive radiation and chemo,only to have to deal with it again and again. Each time, as she recuperates, she has to learn who her parents and her doctors are all over again. All other things from her past are hidden from her so that she can focus on healing.
Fast forward...cancer-free college student, living on campus and away from her parents and medical team. Freedom at last. The biggest difference between Evelyn and your typical student is the fact that Ev has fought a long hard battle against cancer, and she won. She is ready to experience life, but she has no memory of what she likes, where she's been, etc. She knows that she's had sex, but can't remember with whom.
Enter Tristan. Ev meets Tristan at 'Before and After', a local bar that is a popular college hangout. Tristan is the lead singer of the band "Lost". It seems that Tristan knows Ev from before...he knows things that she should. He has it all saved too, in pictures, DVDs, etc. from the time they spent together.
Tristan, hurt and angry. thinks Ev just dumped him and disappeared. Evelyn just doesn't remember him. Can these two discover what happened and can they find love on their trip down memory lane?