Wednesday 26 June 2013

Sin at Sea Release day - Emma Nicholas


 



What sparked your interest in becoming a romance writer?

I often joke that I became a writer of romance and erotica because it was the best way for me to parlay my passions into a career.

What was the first romance novel you read that made an impression on you?

When I was really young, I read The Thornbirds.  It was the naughtiest book I could imagine.  I remember thinking that I needed to be able to write like that.  So, that’s what I try to do.

Tell us 5 surprising things about yourself.

1.    I have a tattoo.

2.    I want more…small, sexy, meaningful.

3.    My palate has really become more sophisticated…as evidenced by my love of sushi and asparagus…sometimes even together.

4.    I think cruising is the only way to travel.

5.    For someone so intrigued by sex, I didn’t lose my virginity for a really long time.

What is your writing environment.

I write wherever I am comfortable at the moment.  It could be in the living room, lying on the bed, on the garage couch, or even the floor.  I abhor writing at desks.  It feels too much like work and I just want to have fun with it.

One of your favorite quotes.

By Mae West: You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

Do you have a website recommendation for other writers?


Great ideas.  I’m working to implement them…especially marketing.

Who is your perfect hero? And why?

I think the perfect hero is perfectly imperfect.  I think he has flaws, but that when he finds love, they make him more real, less god-like.  He doesn’t have to have this model-esque body.  He says the right things, even if he doesn’t say them smoothly.  My favorite heroes are the reformed players, the ones who have been around and finally found everything they never knew they always wanted with the unlikeliest of women.

Which authors have caught your interest lately? Why?

Hmmm.  In the author groups, I’m finding ones that I try to emulate, that I admire for their skill and their abilities.  JB McGee has a new book coming out,,,Skipping Stones.  I’ve been able to beta that a bit.  And Brandy Dorsch is an aspiring writer who has an interesting looking paranormal romance coming out soon.

What type of book have you always wanted to write?

It has taken me forever, but Sin at Sea is the kind of book I always wanted to be brave enough to write.  There is something so liberating about not worrying over pushing the envelope.  At the same time, I think while writing something very erotic, I kept it classy.  That’s important.  Even my smut has a story,

No comments:

Post a Comment