Monday 17 June 2013

Tina Smith- Author spotlight



Bio: 
Tina Smith is an herbalist, dog lover, Piscean and mother with a fondness for strong female protagonist's. She lives in Adelaide Australia and works at Mega Health as a Wellness Consultant. She is a part time student of Naturopathy.                                                   A love of the fantasy genre and the deep exploration of dark and evocative subjects inspired Wolf Sirens Forbidden. The sequel Fever further unfolds the tale of the heroine femme fatale, on her journey in the underworld between the lands of myth and reality.                 
5 facts about you that we don’t know: I walk my dog every school morning, I once attended a primary school where I was the only female student, I make and sell goat milk and olive oil soaps, I have never not had paint on my toenails, since about the age of 10. I hate house work and I love watching reality television.

Interests/ Hobby’s: Soaping, walking, occasional yoga, writing and herbal medicine, reading. I collect herbal books.


Books 

Wolf Sirens #1: Forbidden: Discover The Legend:

When Lila unwillingly moves to the country town of Shade, she can’t imagine the life-altering events that lie in wait for her. Shade has a curfew and has always been surrounded by myths. A central feature of the town is its famous statue of Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt, whose spirit is said to protect the innocent.

Lila falls in with a group of intriguing teenagers with luminescent eyes and soon she is drawn into the shadowlands of fantasy and reality, where destiny collides. 
A compelling debut novel about how love and fate chooses you. Inspired by Grecian demigod Artemis and the mythical femme fatale, Wolf Sirens is sure to enthral all lovers of the fantasy, romance genre.

Wolf Sirens #2: Fever: Many are Born, Few are Reborn:
Temperatures rise as the flames of longing still burn in the thrilling sequel to Wolf Sirens Forbidden. The legend continues. Apollo, god of deadly plague, conspires to undo his sister’s legacy. The wolves exist between two worlds, one in the town another in the forest.
Prophecy says hunters and wolves are cursed to a mutual attraction. Increasingly, each successive slayer becomes more alluring to the wolf. The predestined enemies struggle, to both resist and contain their fierce rivalry in a conflict powerful enough to tear two worlds apart.
A shadow has fallen over the heartlands of myth and reality. The chosen is reborn broken-hearted, in the scorching embers of grief. Devastated, Lila trains tirelessly as the assassin. She must submit to deliver justice and protect the innocent of Shade.
But is it love or revenge which motivates her?
Will the huntress or her heart prevail? Breaking away from the call of destiny and fearing betrayal, Lila makes a desperate escape in search of her lost beloved. The intensity between two ancient enemies ignites. The history of the wolf pack is revealed as devotion and desire in the underworld reaches fever pitch.


Further plans: 
World domination/making a living at writing (I will accept either). I have the third in the series Wolf Sirens Night Fall due out in June/July. I plan on creating more books in the series and some New Adult and more Y/A in the future…

Who you would like to write with: 
Maggie Stiefvater


***PRESS RELEASE***
WOLF SIRENS



AUSTRALIAN WRITER'S ANSWER TO TWILIGHT
Tina Smith is the local Adelaide author of paranormal romance books Wolf Sirens Forbidden and the sequel Fever. The series offers readers an experience similar to Twilight, without vampires.

“The story features a strong female character and is full of suspense which builds as the tale progresses," says author, Tina Smith. "Readers have been excellent about not giving away too much of the plot in reviews because there are some really big unexpected twists, it’s a different take on the genre, incorporating Greek myth."
 “My chosen genre is very stereotyped, but I hope that my writing breaks the shifter mould to enable my books to branch out to readers of all ages and genres.”  The student, mother and health food store employee who published late last year after working on her first novel for three years admits, I wrote as a kind of a secret hobby and once I put my mind to getting my story out there it was a lot of hard work, but when I see the positive reviews I’ve received on sites like Goodreads, I know more and more it’s what I was meant to do.

SYNOPSIS:


Wolf Sirens offers readers an answer to the Twilight saga, but with a strong female lead.
The female protagonist, Lila Crain is just an ordinary girl with dreams, which dull even her, until she meets the angelic-faced teenagers that invite her into their clique. Shocked to discover they are wolves as one attacks her, she is saved by the mysteriously scarred Cresida James. Enamoured with the pack, suddenly, deeply, driven by forbidden desire Lila longs to be part of their eternal world. Suspense builds as she learns their secret, but then she must come to terms with the fact that she is the one thing that threatens their existence.

Chosen by the spirit of Artemis, what she is, and who she is, are two different people. Somewhere inside her the love and desire she feels dooms her to make choices, which will either go against her kind or destroy the creatures she loves. Lila prepares to take her best friend's place as the next Huntress of Shade. Inspired by the legends of the Greek demigod Artemis and the mythical femme fatale, Wolf Sirens is an intimate tale of unrequited and forbidden love in the underworld, a masterpiece of romance fantasy. If you want a book with mythology, mystery, heartache, romance and wolves, then check out this paranormal series.





Blogger Reviews:
 


“If you want a book with mythology, mystery, heartache, confusion, romance, and -oh, yeah- wolves, then check this series out.”
4 Stars – Ryan caughtinasnyderwebb.blogspot

“Smith creates a world where mythology meets reality to give birth these magical creatures with sassy personalities. This is a story with a beautiful writing style, a solid story upon which the wolves myth is built and with likable characters. One of the strongest point of the book is the ability the author has to not reveal unnecessary information and most important to really portray the passion and strength behind Lila's actions.”
4 of 5 stars - Ruty booksaremywayofliving.blogspot

“The author does a wonderful job putting her own spin in mythology. Yes there is a lot of werewolf books out but these one will have no problem standing out on its own. The way it is written is wonderful. If you think you have read all the same old books about werewolves pick this one up. I am sure it will change your mind.”
4 Stars - Pam Richmond racingtoread.blogspot

“Wolf Sirens was a mixture of paranormal and mythology, the legend of Artemis leads for an intriguing read. I liked the way this was paced, you are not sure what the secrets each of the teens is keeping or what their interest in Lila, but as it unfolds the book is impossible to put down. I can’t wait until the next book in the series, it looks to be an exceptional series.”
4 Stars - Em musingsfromanaddictedreader
“Full of paranormal suspense and teen angst, this book will keep you reading.”
4 stars Victoria Storm onthebroomstick

Goodreads Reviews:
 

“The writing is really strong and gave the characters a realistic feel. I’m really excited to see what happens in the next book.” Kaylee rated it 5 of 5 stars.
“I loved this book once I started reading it I couldn’t put it down. This was the best shifter book I’ve read.” April Alvey 5 stars
“WOW…I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to any werewolf fans. Read this in a day as I couldn’t put it down its just so addictive I really had to find out how it ended.” Caitlin 5 stars
“AMAZING. I read it all in just four hours. I couldn’t put it down.” Klaudia 5 stars
“I most certainly would recommend this book to other lovers of paranormal fiction! If this was the start to series than I’m in.” Ericka Thirkill 5 stars
“I loved this book and I couldn’t put ti down.” Lousia 5 stars
“Amazing book and character. I’m giving it 5 stars.” Ariella 5 stars
“As soon as I finished the book I was already wanting more. Totally recommend this book.” E 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment