Tuesday 4 June 2013

LK Collins Interview

 
 
 
Where are you from? Denver, Colorado
Tell us your latest news?
I just finished with my first novel Fatalism.
When and why did you begin writing?
I am a new writer, I have always had a passion for reading and books. After sharing my stories with my husband, he finally pushed me to write my own book. As soon as I took the idea seriously the words have flowed out of my head and onto paper.
Do you have a specific writing style?
I love to put my music on and just zone out. I enjoy sprinting with fellow authors as well.
How did you come up with the title?
Lots of research. The book is based around fate, so Fatalism fit perfectly.
Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Always follow your heart, I believe it will truly never steer you wrong.
How much of the book is realistic?
It is very realistic. I spent lots of time and research to guarantee the story is as real as possible. JC Emery challenged me when I went outside of the box to ensure I stayed realistic.
What book are you reading now?
The Blackstone Trilogy by, Raine Miller.
Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
 e.k. blair, she is amazingly talented and wrote a true work of art.
What are your current projects?
I am working on a 5 book series starting with Fatalism. The other titles are Book #2 Determinisn Book #3 Essentialism, Book #4 Skeptisim, and Book #5 Optimism. The book series is called the Life. Destiny. Fate. Series.
Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members. Mary with Adept Edits and JC Emery
If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your
latest book?
I would not change my book, but I would work with my editor and write a good solid synopsis with my editor prior to starting to write anything. Going forward with the next books, I will do that 100% of the time.
Can you share a little of your current work with us?
No I cannot my editor will NOT let me.
Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
For me, it’s just getting in the flow, once I am there I cannot stop myself that becomes challenging.
Do you have to travel much concerning your book(s)? I do not.
Who designed the covers?
Allie with B Design, love her.
What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Finding the time to balance, family, work, life and writing
Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
Research as much as you can. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, there are really great people out there that are more than willing to help.
Do you have any advice for other writers?
Take your time, and enjoy the experience, don’t put pressure on yourself. Have fun, taking the chance of a life time it won’t be easy but I promise it will be worth it. Dig deep when you are writing challenge yourself, and when you think you can’t go farther, challenge yourself some more. And most importantly have confidence within yourself and your book.
Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
The support I have received is AMAZING, and for that I am thankful. I cannot wait, to share Alexa and Vincent’s story and hope you fall in love with them like I have.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment