Thursday 20 June 2013

Simone Da Costa Interview


Get to know Simone Da Costa

 

Interview:

 

1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? 

SD: Writing was one of my hobbies and I did not take it seriously until in my adult years.


 2. How long does it take you to write a book? 

 

SD: I have only written mostly children’s books, thus far and each book that I have written is of course different from one another. So, it all depends on how much time and effort I want to put into the characters of a book. In essence, some books take more time than others.

 3. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

 

SD: I don’t really have a schedule, but what works best for me is to always have a pen and a pad handy at all times. You just never know when an idea will present itself, so I have to be prepared to jot it down.


 4. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

 

SD: Hmmmmm. I can get a bit obsessive with my writing. I am very particular, so I find that I will write something to re-write it, to write it, to write it, to re-write it, to write it, to re-write… You get the picture.


 5. How did you choose to publish your books?

 

SD: Independently


 6. Where
do you get your information or ideas for your books?

 

SD: my imagination, childhood years, children, people, life, you name it…


 7. When did you write your first book and how old were you?

 

SD: A couple of years ago, in my thirties.


 8. What do you like to do when you're not writing? 

 

SD: Reading/reading by the late, watching a good movie or updating my blog: www.simonesblog.net


 9. What does your family think of your writing?

 

SD: They say I am very descriptive and that I paint scenes with words very well.


 10. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

 

SD: How very expensive it is.


 11. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

 

SD: I have published three. Right now, my latest children’s book, “A Silly Rhyming Alphabet Book about Animals from A to Z” is my fave. It is currently available on Amazon at: http://www.amazon.com/Silly-Rhyming-Alphabet-about-Animals/dp/0987925512/ref=la_B00BAHEFCG_sp-atf_title_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1369709226&sr=1-3


 12. Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?

 

SD: I don’t know. All I can say is read, read and read some more. It helps to expand your vocabulary, your thought process and you are often educated when you read. Of course, it would depend on the book(s) in question.


 13. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?

 

SD: I most certainly do. Oh, they say all sorts of stuff. For instance they say, “Good job,” “Your book is funny,” “Very detailed work.” “The quality looks great” and so on….


 14. Do you like to create books for adults? 

 

SD: That’s in the making.


 15. What do you think makes a good story?

 

SD: Life’s experiences or a wild imagination.


 16. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? 

 

SD: Like most children probably everything (smile). Let’s see if I remember some. I wanted to be a Teacher, Professional Dancer, Singer, Model, Artist and Doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment