Friday 7 June 2013

Marissa Carmel Author spotlight




Author Bio: 
ImageMarissa Carmel has been writing since a young age and although it has always been for personal enjoyment, she finally decided breakout and share her imagination with the world. She hopes that her universe is as fun and intriguing to her readers as it is to her. Marissa Carmel is originally from NJ but moved to Maryland several years ago, she enjoys reading, writing, and catching up on her ever growing DVR library. She is currently working on the third and final installment of the Vis Vires trilogy, Constellation. 







Five facts about me you don’t know-

I can throw a spiral (that's a football for those of you who aren't familiar with the term.)
I'm a makeup addict. I can't walk by a Sephora without maxing out my credit card. My husband has banned me from that side of the mall. There's always Macy's though.
I live in Victoria Secret sweatpants
Both my children are red heads.
In my next life, I want to be a singer.

Interests and hobbies

I'm pretty boring when it comes to hobbies, I read a lot, I write a lot. I hang out with my family. I love to go to the movies too.  

Books




Image 
Title: iFeel (Vis Vires Trilogy #1) 
Author: Marissa Carmel 
Genre: New Adult Paranormal Romance 

Book Blurb-  
Lust. Anger. Hate. Desire. Love. Happiness. Joy. iFeel.  What happens when an unknowing empath meets a pixie who wears leather, a snitch who is repulsive and a fiery angel who can literally set your soul on fire? A whole lot of emotional turmoil and one love story ignited.  Liv Christianni is isolated, alone, tortured and withdrawn, saddled with the torrential downpour of the world’s emotions. Accepting of her providence Liv has lost all hope, until one day fate steps in and spins the course of her life like a spiraling top. Hunted by a Spirit Stalker, Liv is forced to gain control of herself and her surroundings, threatened by the touch of her immortal love; she must find a way to survive both physically and emotionally. Can she find the courage to accept her true self? Can she love unconditionally cognizant of the condemning consequences? Can she rise from the ashes to become the person she was always meant to be? Funny, witty, real, and poignant, iFeel rips into your soul, and sets your emotions on fire. If you are a fan of Charmed or Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries or The Secret Circle this series is for you! 
Excerpt-  
I direct my anger towards the mocking bottles of crazy pills settled in the cabinet. I attack them; clearing all the glass shelves in one angered fit. Tiny orange bottles fly all around my white tiled bathroom, exploding an array of colored pills against the walls and floor. It feels like I am bombing my past; liberating my future and releasing myself from whatever binds me. I want to be free, and if that means destroying my whole apartment in the process to get there, I am willing to do that. I can feel the rage course through my veins; my head throbs and my throat burns as I thrash at my tiny bathroom. All I can hear are the voices of people who mean the most to me, those who encourage me, those who support me. To my surprise, the loudest voice is the one who is farthest away. Justice’s words echo against the tiled surface, telling me to let go, to accept my fate, to be magical and not mental. It makes me miss him all the more, but what he said finally makes sense. My breaths pulse quickly in my lungs, as if the air is thinning. I have worked myself up into a crazed frenzy to expel my true self. My enraged fit has resulted in a bathroom bloodbath, me versus myself. And I won. 
Reviews-  
This was super good!!- This story was just absolutely perfect!! 5 stars!-Amazon.com  Riveting- This was one of the best books I have read in a very long time!-Amazon.com  Awesome paranormal story- This book was like one of those suspense movies that you had to keep your attention on or you would miss something very important.-Amazon.com 
I have to say that this book is definitely one of my favorites. The cover is absolutely breathtaking!!! It's what first drew me in. I absolutely love the author's writing style. The story line was creative and intriguing and had me sucked in from the beginning to end. I love the way the author depicts the different supernaturals. It's different from the norm of books you see out there right now. The characters were very descriptive and well-developed. Once I got started on this book it was hard to stop. The story is unique and flows easily making it very easy to read and understand. I would have to say I am very impressed with this author. I look forward to reading more of Liv and Justice in the future and any other books this author writes. Marissa Carmel has made me a complete fan of her work. - Amazon.com 

This book was a wonderful read! Action packed from the inception and true to the title of the book, the reader embarks on a myriad of emotions. Going through each experience and life altering event with Liv, the books lead character. You feel as if you are walking beside the main character truly discovering the mysteries as they unfold page by page. And a surprising love story with a twist you'll never see coming…A real page turner!- Amazon.com 

I Feel great, on fire, changed, content about this book. This book is indeed a different kind of writing. I enjoyed the story very much. Extreme beings combust with contact. One that hides from all public life simply to keep from feeling every emotion from everyone around her. Destined to spend her life in lock up inside her own apartment. The other one an angel sent to protect all that is good and to keep evil from harming this "feeler". Seraphs and empaths ignite and paint the town in flames in this story. Characters that will open your heart, can make you laugh, show anger in large amounts and also open your eyes on things we take for granted. Good read for sure. Loved the flow and design of details. Great for all YA, Angels & Demons, and Fantasy fans alike. Will recommend to all. KUDOS AUTHOR Marissa Carmel. Happy Reading  from Tammy @ GREATMINDSTHINKALOUD 




  
Image 
Title: Gravitational Pull (Vis Vires Trilogy #2) 
Author: Marissa Carmel 
Genre: New Adult Paranormal Romance 

Book Blurb- 
Touch me, and bring me to life... 
How do you move on when you don’t even know where you were going in the first place? 
The Spirit Stalker is dead and I have finally started to erect my life. But I quickly discover, that just because the structure is built doesn’t mean the foundation is sturdy. As much as I try to manage my abilities, I can’t completely control them. The physical impossibility of the relationship I have with Justice has reached a boiling point; our fundamental problem, my inability to control myself from absorbing his power, and his fear of touching me because of it. 
As if that wasn’t deal-breaker enough, a new threat looms on my horizon - Darklings. 
They are grim reapers of the immortal world who surface every five-hundred-years to feed off the souls of magical beings who are weak, aimless, lost; those who have given up and want to move on. 
They also hunt power. Which means, they’re hunting me. 
Abandoned by the one person I need the most, I find myself in Melenia’s realm.  There, I’m courted by Siberian, a dangerous pixie who covets me, hunted by Death personified; all the while hiding my powers and my ancient bloodline. The pixie prince is alluring, and I feel so broken and vulnerable. I know giving in to him means giving myself over to him. But right now, I don’t care. All I want is to feel anything other than the loss and rejection Justice left me with.  
Anything other than pain. 
So what do I do when I’m scared to be touched, even though I know it’s the only way to bring my soul back to life? 
Excerpt- 

As we dance, glitter falls all around us. Enchanting the dream-like atmosphere, but I can’t escape the music’s haunting melody, and the reality that reminds me of the truth, that I’m not undamaged. I just desperately try to pretend.  
“I could dance like this with you forever,” Siberian whispers as he pulls me tighter.  
There it is again, that word, forever. I despise it, mainly because, to me, it pertains more to a prison sentence than anything else.  
“I’d get old after a while,” I say with my cheek pressed hopelessly against him.  
“I know that would never be true.” He slides his hands up my body to my face and stares down at me with glossy silver eyes. “I would like nothing more than for you to stay here with me Liv. I can give you everything you could ever want, all your heart’s desires.”  
I stare back at him silently. As tender, and as terrifying, as that proclamation is, my heart only desires one thing, and right now, he is standing across the courtyard, shooting me a demonic stare.  
This is wrong, this is so so wrong, parading myself like this in front of Justice. But I just can’t pull myself away. Siberian’s searing gaze has me, and I want so much to just get lost in the moment, to feel his touch. I put my hands over his and brace for his lips, allowing him to have me, if only for a second. Then suddenly I jump: I’ve just been energy checked right in the gut. 

Reviews- 

I really like the mercurial Justice. He is such an unpredictable, bad-boy seraph. He is a great character- Amazon.com 

Leave your imagination at the door, you will not need it. The author Marissa Carmel will take you on an adventure filled with angels, seraphs, pixies, demons and Darklings, the grim reapers of the immortal world-Amazon.com 

Ms. Carmel paints a loving picture of her characters and embroils them in a dangerous situation with the dark powers that be. Before the book comes to a climatic end, desperation acts, loving moments, and a shocking death follow Liv on her way to her true destiny as a Vis Vires. In a nutshell, if you loved the first book, you'll swoon over this one. Five Stars- Amazon.com 

“I may have had more lovers than you, and I may take my clothes off for countless women, but you are the only one who can strip me bare.”


Do you ever stop loving someone just because they’re gone?

Five years ago Ryan Pierce disappeared from Alana Remington’s life without so much as a post-it note. He was the one she gave her heart to, her soul to and her virginity to.  So imagine her surprise when she finds him dancing at one of NYC’s hottest male reviews as Jack the Stripper.
Ryan never stopped loving Alana, and now that she serendipitously dropped back into his life, he’s vowed never to lose her again.  But being together has its costs, and challenges Alana isn’t sure she can handle.  She finally has Ryan back; but how in the world is she supposed to share the love of her life with half of the women in New York City?

• If I could write with anyone it would be- (because)
My mom, because she's crazy creative.

Keep up to date with Melissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment