Wednesday 12 June 2013

Jasinda Wilder Interview




Where are you from?

Detroit, Michigan.
Tell us your latest news?

I'm halfway done with Big Girls Do It Pregnant, which is exciting. Fans of that series should be geeked about it, since I think it's going to be pretty awesome.
When and why did you begin writing?
When did you first consider yourself a writer?

I considered myself a writer when I started the practice of writing every day. I considered myself an author when I self-published my first story on Amazon.
What inspired you to write your first book?

Reading a book and thinking, "Huh, I bet I could do better," and giving it a shot.
Do you have a specific writing style?

I tend to fast pace writing and longer sentences, although I try mix it up to keep it interesting.
How did you come up with the title?
Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Believe in yourself. Love who you are. Love is a gift, don't waste it or take it for granted. Meaningless sex is so much less fulfilling than sharing a deep, sensual, sexual experience with someone you care about.
How much of the book is realistic?
I try to make all my books realistic, because readers have to believe in what they're reading if they're going to let themselves be immersed in my world.
Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?
The tree scene in Falling Into You is based on a real event that happened to a friend of mine.
What books have most influenced your life most?
If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
When I first started writing, two authors became my first contacts in the indie pub sphere: Hugh Howey and Liliana Hart. They're both so wonderful, so accessible, so real and kind and ready to share their experiences. I love them both very much.
What book are you reading now?
I'm about to start In the Stillness, by Andrea Randall.
Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
What are your current projects?
Big Girls Do It Pregnant, which is half done, and then I start on Falling Into Us, the follow-up to Falling Into You.
Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.
Bloggers, like Aesta from "Aesta's Book Blog", Ashley from "Bookish Brunette", Natasha from "Natasha is a Book Junkie", and Anna from "Anna Reads Romance" and Ana from Ana's Attic were all huge supporters, and very instrumental in spreading the word about Falling Into You, and my work in general.
If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book? 
No, not really. There are questions and criticisms, of course, but I hope to address some of those in the follow-up parallel book, and also, you just cannot please everyone.
Can you share a little of your current work with us? 
Big Girls Do It Pregnant follows both Jamie and Anna as they go through pregnancy, childbirth, and the immediate postpartum weeks. It ties up the Big Girls Do It and Rock Stars Do It series. It's going to be funny, hot, and as full of conflict as the books that came before it. If you've given birth, it'll strike a chord in you, I hope.
Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Keeping it fresh and edgy, every book.
Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you
about their work?
Do you have to travel much concerning your book(s)?
I'm doing signings in 212 cities so far between now and November of 2014. So yeah.
Who designed the covers?
Various artists. Bookish Brunette did Wounded and Sarah Hansen from Okay Creations did Falling Into You and is working on the sequel. Christine from Indie Author Services, who is also my editor, did several of my other covers.
What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
Do you have any advice for other writers?
Just keep writing. Don't let anything distract you from finish your book. Always be writing, no matter what. Stop planning and plotting and researching it to death, put away Twitter and Facebook, and just write. Write. Write. Nothing replaces words on the page every single day.
Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
I love you all so much! You make this best job in the world. I love the stories you share with me, I love the emails and the Tweets and the PM's. You rock my world. Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment