Tuesday 4 June 2013

Vivien Sparx- Interview

Author Bio:
As a writer of erotic romance, the beauty of the genre is not in creating lavish settings for my stories.
Nor is my fascination for erotic romance drawn from the opportunity to create handsome heroes and beautiful heroines.
My real love for the genre stems from the opportunity to take my readers on a journey and engage as many of their emotions as possible.
I believe writing erotic romance gives authors the most influence over how a reader feels as we engage them in our stories.
Writers of action books, or horror books certainly can create compelling situations, but with erotic romance we writers can immerse our readers in a multitude of emotions unprecedented in any other form of creative fiction.
I can frustrate readers, make them laugh, make them cry, delight them, intrigue them, inform them – erotic fiction is a total emotional experience, and it is gratifying to hear readers respond to stories with passion.
I believe readers want to be engaged and drawn into the pages of a story, and as a writer of erotic romance, we have the greatest opportunity because our stories are always relatable. They may be fictional worlds and fictional characters, but the themes of love and romance and erotica are so universal, and so personal to each of us that we all respond to stories in different ways.
But we all respond.
And that’s the true joy of writing erotic romance. It matters not so much how you respond as you read… it matters only that you do respond. If a writer can engage you and make you feel, then the story’s journey is one well worth taking.


Interview

 Where are you from?
I am an Australian girl. I live in New South Wales.
Tell us your latest news?
 When and why did you begin writing?
I started writing when I was just a teenager, but I only started to
take the process seriously about nine months ago. I started writing
just because I was inspired to entertain others. That's still the
reason I write today.
> When did you first consider yourself a writer?
Well I consider myself a writer, but not an 'author'. That always
sounds too formal and special to describe me. I'm just a writer!
> What inspired you to write your first book?
Her Master's Voice was the first story I published on Amazon. I was
inspired by my partner who was a Master/Dom in a previous long-term
relationship. Some of his adventures and exploits formed the basis of
that story.
> Do you have a specific writing style?
I don't think I have a specific style. I'm not sure really! I guess I
like to be descriptive, and I try very hard to make conversation in my
stories sound realistic.
> How did you come up with the title?
I think the title of Her Master's Voice just found me. At the time it
was perfect because of the way the story begins and unfolds
> Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
The message in the 'Her Master's Kiss' series I wrote is very clear;
BDSM doesn't have to be about props and whips and pain. BDSM is about
relationships and trust, and a growing respect that comes from shared
experiences
> How much of the book is realistic?
The 'Her Master's Kiss' stories have been acclaimed publicly by
Masters, submissive, and even owners of BDSM establishments around the
world for their realistic portrayal of BDSM
> Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?
I have several submissives, my partner, and another Master I consult
with regularly to ensure accuracy and that the incidents in my stories
don't become ridiculously melodramatic.
> What books have most influenced your life most?
Harry Potter and Twilight!
> If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
> What book are you reading now?
George R R Martin's fantasy series
> Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
> What are your current projects?
> Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.
I would have to mention some of the people on my Facebook page -
virtual friends who have become an amazing support team. There are too
many to mention, but they have been such wonderful, wonderful sounding
boards, and my cheer squad. I can rely on them for honest opinions,
ideas and advice, and they always come through for me!
> If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your
> latest book?
> Can you share a little of your current work with us?
> Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
> Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you
> about their work?
> Do you have to travel much concerning your book(s)?
I don't have to travel. I do plenty of research about location. I am
an Australian author, but I set most of my stories in the USA, and a
couple in England. So I do my homework just to make sure everything
has the right tone of authenticity.
> Who designed the covers?
My partner and I do all the cover design. He is quite artistic!
> What was the hardest part of writing your book?
The first 4000 words are always the hardest. After that the story is
set, and it gets easier.
> Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I am always learning about the subject of BDSM, and I'm always
learning about people, and their relationships.
> Do you have any advice for other writers?
> Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
I have been amazed by the support my stories have had. I can never
thank my readers enough. I try, every day on my Facebook page, but I
never feel like I've been able to truly express my gratitude. I am so
thrilled every time someone messages me with a comment about my
stories. Connecting with people is the most rewarding aspect of the
entire job.

No comments:

Post a Comment